Thursday, December 11, 2008

December 7th

TTTS Pictures, Images and Photos

So I knew that December was national twin to twin transfusion syndrome awareness month. Not until now did i realize that the actual day was December 7th. So in my lateness but still dedicated to raise awareness for TTTS I'm posting.

My identical twin girls were diagnosed with TTTS at 21 weeks. We unfortunately lost one of our girls, Kerstin J. I feel very blessed to have had the treatment that I had at Texas Children's Hospital and the doctors who have touched my life there. I feel very blessed to have Killie. She is truly a blessing and doing so much more than we ever thought she would. I am tiring to raise awareness for TTTS so that people who have never heard of this disease until it happens to them know what to look for. Unfortunately there is no way to prevent TTTS but you can be aware of the signs and the treatments that are available. I can not say that if this were to happen again I would take the same approach but I know that for whatever reason this has happened to my family it has made us stronger and much for appreciative of what we have. I hope that if you know any who has TTTS or had it will visit my blog and network with others who have been through this.

A special thanks to everyone at Texas Children's Hospital, Dr. Moise and Karen, Dr. Johnson, Dr. Locke, and Dr Fanouse

Miracles of Multiples
Amy's Angels
World TTTS Awareness Day
TTTS Foundation
Texas Children's Hospital