Friday, December 12, 2008

Giving

Every year before before Christmas and birthdays we (okay I) go through the toys and get rid of a box full or as close as I can get. Then we donate the toys to various places. Typically the hospital playrooms so when kids are sick they can at least have something to do or to various places like that who need toys in good shape. (yes my toys i give away are in good shape) So today was the day to go through the kids toys. Killie's toys are still in use so she only got ride of some teethes that I wont pass on since she bites hard on them. Reid's room was another story. I told him that in order for Santa to bring A toy then we needed to give toys to kids who couldn't get toys for Christmas. ( he looked a little puzzled but figured if he got ride of some toys then he would get a helicopter) So I got out the box to fill and he put almost everything in there. So we had to narrow it down to toys that couldn't later be passed on to Killie. So we got ride of a ton of cars he has neglected and a few odd ball toys. I know he doesn't quit understand what is going on but I figure if we get into the habit of of going through toys he will understand that you don't need every toy and that it is good to share what you have with others.