So yesterday i missed a call from Killie's Dr. this is not typical of the doctor to call after hours to give me results of a test; so of course i freaked out. Well i didn't get to talk to him yesterday so i called the doctor this morning at 8. He returned my call at 10. Now keep in mind that for the last 10 hours i had talked my self into the fact that everything was fine. Well when i got the call a good friend was over who has gone through a lot of these with her daughter. Anyway the doctor called me and informed me that Killie's ventricles have appeared to start swelling again. Which we were told there was a possibility of this happening. Her last CT Scan was a year ago so some fluctuation in size is normal.
So now I'm trying to get us into the neurosurgeon at Texas children's hospital while we are done there this week. If we can not get in there while we are down then ill get us into her neurosurgeon in Lubbock but that will be about 3 weeks away. I'm so freaked on what to do! I just have no idea what to do, I thought we were done with all of the brain stuff. I didn't think she was showing signs of anything and she is doing so good!
Ugh! I think my thoughts are confusion, frustration, and not knowing what to do are making me very pissey and emotional! Where is my coke iv? HAHA! Well those are our results. I'll keep everyone updated as i find out stuff!
Here are the links for more info:
This is what caused the ventricles to swell in the first place (she was born 15 weeks early)
http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/peds_neuro/ivh.cfm
This is what we were told she had before:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocephalus