Monday, August 11, 2008

CT Scan

I'm always impressed of what Killie can handle. This last week she had a slight fever thanks to her teeth coming in and never once missed a beat. Today she had a CT scan and didn't even fuss even though she was strapped down to a very uncomfortable table and had to listen to some weird sounds go around her! She is truly a little trooper that I'm so grateful for! We will get our report and copy of the scan on weds, so ill update then on the ct scan. Thanks so much to Jenn for watching Reid for us, it was such a help!
She will be 2 in four months and I'm just amazed at all she does. She is crawling up on all fours, pulling up on stuff to standing and yesterday she pulled up on me and stood without support for a second! I need to post this because on weds we go back to the Meyers clinic where typically we get praised for all her good work but then get a brick slammed into our face when we are told what she doesn't do and should be doing. I'm sure some of the concerns will be not talking yet, not walking yet, not standing without support yet, not feeding herself yet, not gaining enough weight. We will also be meeting with the psychical therapist at the Meyers clinic because Killie is really unique. They are trying to figure out why she has had a grade 4 brain bleed but is not mentally as slow as she is physically so that will be a little nerve wracking. My mom will be here with me for these appts so that will be nice. Blake will need to stay in midland with Reid since we are leaving so soon to go to Dallas.
Its still very hard to go to Houston and go inside that elevator and not think about the first time we went there to met Killie in her new nicu home. She was so small when they moved her from Odessa to Houston and so fragile. The whole time i didn't have contact with her all i could think of was if she was okay. I remember trying to eat at subway with my parents before we flew to Houston. I remember me and my mom crying as the ambulance pulled away with her in there. It all happened so fast. The day before we had requested a transfer and the Odessa hospital was playing ring around the rosie then the next day and many hours worth of phone calls i received "the call" that i need to be their in an hour to sign paper work and that she was going to Houston! I remember saying goodbye to Regan, her nurse, and to all the other nurses that took care of Killie. I remember so badly wanting to stick my tongue out to the two doctors and saying nananene boo boo! What a relief it was to get her there and settled. It seemed like she made a turn for the better after one week of being there. I remember my brother looking at her with amazement through her incubator. What a blessing that was to have family there in Houston who were very helpful and very accompanying of what we needed. Families are such a blessing even if they drive you crazy! Anyway back to what i was talking about!
I'm sure the braces (afos's) will come into question along with the cerebral palsy! BTW afos are ankle foot orthosis! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankle-foot_orthosis
Which speaking of those we were accepted to Scottish rite!! http://www.tsrhc.org/ Thanks so very much Laura for helping me get her in here! I'm really excited to go and see what they have to say about her. It really is just her left leg that has problems! That is also very weird since she shows no tone issues in her arms any more or her hips. There are so many pieces to her puzzle that I'm amazed. Anyway it will be a good appt and Blake will be there so he knows how to properly use the afos so if hes with her alone in September then we will be covered! I've hear awesome things about this hospital and also heard its a beautiful hospital. Well now that I've talked your ear off I'll go! TTYL!